Using UKOM approved comScore data, the Digital Market Overview provides insights into what the UK population is doing online.
UKOM has approved comScore’s Multi-platform data which reports audience behaviour across desktop, tablets and smartphones. The Digital Market Overview provides a top-line snapshot of audience behaviour each quarter and headlines from this month include:
- Smartphone’s share of online minutes among 18+ is now 59% - smartphone apps alone account for 50% of all online minutes as 81% of all online adults use a mobile app each month.
- 9 of the top 10 mobile apps, measured by monthly unique visitors, are owned by Google or Facebook (with Snapchat being the only other company to have an app in the top 10).
- When looking at mobile apps by time spent in minutes, Spotify enters the top 10 for smartphones and local TV brands: the BBC, Sky and ITV feature in the top 10 for tablet time online.
- UKOM reports on over 1700 mobile apps each month but only 20 of them are used by 20% or more of mobile app users each month.
- Although mobile apps account for 80% share of all mobile minutes among adults, there are huge variations by category. This ranges from 90% for Instant Messenger, Gaming, Social Media and Entertainment, 50-75% for Retail, News, Travel and Finance right down to under 40% for Automotive, Gambling and Real Estate where browsing takes the lion’s share.