The IAB is the not-for-profit trade body for the digital advertising industry with members from some of the biggest companies in the world including Google, Meta, TikTok and Twitter. Our mission is to build a sustainable future for digital advertising. We do this through a range of activities including events, training, research, setting standards, helping the industry to remain self-regulated and more. You can find out more about us and the work we do here: iabuk.com.
Ways of working
The IAB works in a very open and collaborative way. A team of 28, we have weekly company meetings, project teams composed of people from different departments, as well as a strong sense of teamwork within each department. We encourage our people to be entrepreneurial and feel empowered to drive change and come up with ideas for new projects and initiatives. We are currently mostly working from home, but our office in Covent Garden is open every day and we encourage everyone to come to the office to work together once a week. We actively support flexible working.
Culture is very important to us, we work with the whole industry, an innovative, dynamic and fast-moving sector so we want our people to add to the fabric of what we do and what we represent. We are a social and upbeat team with different expertise and interests and a great ability to pitch in and work together to deliver our big events and initiatives. Education is important so in addition to training, we hold fortnightly project meetings where we share the status of all the IAB’s major initiatives which helps us all keep up to speed with developments across the industry. We celebrate success whether it’s the completion of a big project or something small but important that someone has done that helps us all. You can find out more about the team here: iabuk.com/about-us.
Our new Marketing Manager will be part of the Marketing Department, reporting into the Head of Marketing and working closely alongside another Marketing Manager as well as the Communications Manager, Website Manager and their teams. You will primarily be responsible for IAB UK’s focus on building brand digital, a strategic objective to shift advertisers’ perceptions of digital advertising, but we are a small team who deliver a lot, so there’s plenty of scope to get involved in everything we do.
Build brand digital
- Be the owner of IAB UK's focus to 'build brand digital', managing our perception change work and being the agency’s day-to-day point of contact
- Be responsible for steering the direction of content and creative, ensuring it is iconic, distinct, drives fame and delivers demonstrable results
- Work with the Research & Measurement Team to develop an effective measurement framework for this part of our strategy, regularly reviewing its impact and iterating delivery accordingly
- Liaise with IAB UK members to bring them on the journey and garner their support where needed
- Be an internal champion for the insight, strategy and activation
IAB UK initiatives
- Work with agencies and suppliers to produce distinct, memorable and top quality content to make IAB UK and its initiatives stand out and become famous
- Identify new opportunities for raising the profile of IAB UK among the industry buyside, particularly working on engagement with brands and advertisers, both through mass comms as well as managing lists of advertisers the IAB can draw on as needed
- Develop creative campaigns for IAB UK initiatives including National Anti-Click-Through Rate Day, the Gold Standard and other Research, Ad Tech and Policy-led projects as they arise
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Creativity will be key in this role - you must be bursting with ideas and the passion to make them happen
- You will have substantial experience managing creative agencies, reviewing ideas and giving clear feedback
- You’ll bring an attitude of curiosity, innovation and experimentation that helps elevate ideas - we like people who zig when others zag and who challenge the conventional way of doing things
- You’ll be used to writing tight, clearly defined briefs that get the best out of agencies and suppliers
- With a good understanding of research and measurement methods, you’ll be insight-led and ensure that all marketing decisions are based on data and research
- A great storytelling ability will be vital to help bring internal and external stakeholders on the journey of our campaigns and get their support
- Collaboration is key, and you’ll need to work closely with the Marketing, Comms and Website Managers to develop and align campaigns with all other marketing work
- You’ll have exemplary communication skill, written and verbal, as well as impeccable attention to detail
- A shining personality is a must - we’re looking for a great fit to join a team of motivated and ambitious people, so a great sense of humour and positive attitude will go a long way
- Finally, you’ll love digital and will believe in the joy that it unlocks for users and brands
This role works alongside the Marketing Manager, Communications Manager and Website Manager, and will report into the Head of Marketing.
The IAB supports equal opportunities for everyone and we want to build a digital advertising industry that is for everybody. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
Applications, including a CV and information setting out how you meet the job requirements, to be sent to Caroline Stearn [email protected]. Applicants who submit only a CV without a cover letter will not be considered.