Engage 2022 speaker submissions now open
Posted on: Tuesday 25 January 2022 | IAB UK
Having taken a two year break during the pandemic, IAB UK’s flagship event Engage is back on 26 April at The Londoner. Got something to say? Keep reading…
Update: Please note that submissions for Engage 2022 have now closed.
Now in its 15th year, Engage is our industry’s chance to loudly and proudly celebrate digital advertising. We’re after the sorts of sessions that stick with you, that spark ideas and that shatter preconceptions.
How has the turbulence of the past few years turbocharged innovation? How has digital continued to expand our horizons? And how is technology opening up new realms of incredible storytelling?
For a chance at getting on the Engage stage, pitch us your best idea and don’t be afraid to think outside the box. In fact, do. From the metaverse to inclusion, and the talent crisis to the climate crisis, how is digital trailblazing change?
Shock us. Dazzle us. Inspire us. And, if you need a bit of help, take a look at our guide on what makes a standout session here and below.
Once ready, please submit your proposal via this form here by no later than Friday 25 February.
What are we looking for?
- Snappy, fast-paced sessions - no more than 10 minutes
- IRL attendance. All sessions must take place in person at The Londoner on the morning of 26 April. We will not accept any remote speakers who cannot attend on the day
- Inspiring, innovative stories that showcase all that is great about digital advertising. When putting your proposal together, we want you to:
- Look to the future: what are the digital innovations that are reshaping how we live? How has the pandemic accelerated change and expanded our digital horizons? From the metaverse to inclusion to the talent crisis, we want to see great examples of creative thinking, technological ingenuity and agenda-setting ideas
- Think outside the box: Engage isn’t just about the topics covered, it’s about how they’re delivered. Be imaginative with the style of your session to really bring the story to life. Put forward charismatic speakers who will embody the energy of our dynamic industry and captivate the audience from the moment they step on stage
- Be inclusive: We want to ensure that Engage reflects and supports our diverse industry and shows that we’re taking inclusion seriously. We’re committing to a gender-balanced line-up, but also consider factors including socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicity and race, neurodiversity, physical ability, sexual orientation and age when picking your speaker/s
What are we not looking for?
- Sales pitches - a big turn off
- Topics that only have relevance to a small part of the industry
- Recycled content. Sessions that have already been part of other conferences or shared elsewhere aren’t right for Engage. Keep it fresh
- Average panels where everyone agrees. We’ve all sat through them before and, frankly, life’s too short. Mix up the format to stand out
When submitting, please ensure you include:
- What the session will cover
- What delegates will learn and take away from the session
- How the session fits with some of themes we’ve shared above
- How the session will leave the audience feeling
- Details of anything you would be able to exclusively reveal or share with delegates
- Who will be on stage, along with videos of them speaking if available
- Links to any supporting or useful information
How to submit:
- Please submit your proposed speaker or session here
- Submissions will close on 25 February 2022
Alongside Engage on 26 April, Stay Engaged, our Podcast series of off-stage sessions will be returning with a series of 15 audio episodes, combining keynotes, deep-dive interviews and provocative group discussions, Stay Engaged showcases IAB members and the best of the digital advertising industry. If your session is unsuccessful for in-person Engage taking place on 26 April, when submitting here, please let us know if you'd like to be considered for Stay Engaged by simply hitting Yes or No on the final question of the form.
If you have any questions or need any further guidance on how to submit a dazzling Engage session, please get in touch with [email protected].
Engage 2022: Six things we learnt
After a three year hiatus, Engage returned IRL with a bang. Catch up on the most crucial takeaways from this year's eventLearn more
Engage 2019: Afternoon round-up
IAB UK’s 15th annual Engage returned to the Barbican with a line-up spanning all areas of the industry and beyond. Here’s a round-up of what happened in...Learn more
Engage 2019: Morning round-up
IAB UK’s 15th annual Engage returns to the Barbican with a line-up spanning all areas of the industry and beyond. Here’s a round-up of what happened this...Learn more
Presenter Tina Daheley to headline Engage 2019
Daheley joins a stellar line-up of speakers from companies including Snap Inc., Google, The Telegraph and Spotify at IAB UK’s 15th annual Engage event.... Learn more