The Trade Desk is contributing UID 2.0 for industry development
Posted on: Wednesday 26 May 2021 | IAB UK
UID 2.0 is now an Open Source Project Guided by PRAM and IAB Tech Lab Working Group
The Trade Desk has announced it is contributing the Unified ID 2.0 (UID 2.0) source code to the Technical Working Group of the Partnership for Responsible Addressable Media (PRAM), run by IAB Tech Lab, to support ongoing collaborative development of User ID solutions by the industry.
UID 2.0 is the first industry-driven open source project to undergo a PRAM review process and accompanies the draft technical standards recently released by IAB Tech Lab and upcoming PRAM policy standards - to be finalised soon.
This means that...
- The industry now has full ownership over the ongoing development of UID 2.0, as interoperable infrastructure to support innovation and industry growth. Anyone can propose updates and changes to add functionality to support the project
- IAB Tech Lab’s Addressability Working Group and Privacy & Rearc Commit Group will guide the technical development of UID 2.0
- The Trade Desk plans to remain an active contributor to UID 2.0, alongside others, and will continue to work with industry peers to drive wide adoption
- Prebid.org will remain one of multiple UID 2.0 “Operators,” which create ID tokens under UID 2.0’s design
- This is a major milestone, and there are more to come, including IAB Tech Lab’s finalisation of the draft technical standards and guidelines for addressability, privacy and accountability; the release of PRAM’s policy guidance; and industry engagement around the appropriate near-term and long-term UID 2.0 architecture (including the anticipated role of Administrator)
- UID 2.0 is the first of many expected addressability solutions to be carried forward through PRAM
Read more about what this development means for the industry via IAB Tech Lab here.
IAB UK launches complimentary Tech Lab membership
For the first time, we are offering IAB UK members access to IAB Tech Lab resources at no extra membership costLearn more
Helping our members prepare for Apple’s IDFA changes
From webinars to the work of our Mobile & In-App Group, get up to speed on the resources that can help your business navigate Apple’s IDFA changesLearn more
IAB Tech Lab publishes draft portfolio of Project Rearc standards
The standards, which focus on responsible addressability and predictable privacy, are open for industry commentLearn more
What’s next following Google’s User ID announcement?
A round-up of key articles and events that will help our members to understand the implications of Google’s news and share their views with the industry... Learn more