Ad Tech Manager
The IAB is the not-for-profit trade body for the digital advertising industry with members from some of the biggest companies in the world including Google, Meta, TikTok and Twitter. Our mission is to build a sustainable future for digital advertising. We do this through a range of activities including events, training, research, setting standards, helping the industry to remain self-regulated and more. You can find out more about us and the work we do here.
Careers at the IAB
For information about our culture, the ways we support new joiners, our wellbeing offering, our company benefits and our commitments to sustainability and inclusion – visit Careers at the IAB.
Ad tech sits at the heart of the digital advertising industry and is the essence of many of our IAB UK members businesses. The Ad Tech Manager will play a crucial role working with teams across the business to help ensure that ad tech is at the centre of everything we do. This role is key to helping ensure we deliver value for our ad tech members - whether that’s representing the industry’s views on key issues, working to certify companies for existing standards or formulating new standards that help with our overall vision of building a sustainable future for digital advertising.
A key part of this role will be to contribute to the development of ad tech as it undergoes a transformative period. While also investigating emerging channels and working with our Research team to identify and monitor innovative areas of growth.
- Joining industry group meetings to understand the views of our members on a range of topics
- Running meetings with groups of IAB members to facilitate conversations and define deliverables that the IAB can work on to help address members’ biggest challenges
- Delivering outputs that address our members’ biggest challenges - this could take any form from a white paper to running an event or delivering a new industry standard
- Speaking at and attending industry events to stay up-to-date with industry developments and raise awareness of our efforts in the industry
This role is an exciting opportunity to work and network with a range of ad tech companies from across the industry. The role is varied, and no two days look the same.
Skills, knowledge and characteristics
- Someone with a genuine passion for ad tech and the future of the industry
- A good understanding of the way programmatic advertising works with the confidence to speak to technical businesses about their products
- Able to explain concepts and make the complex simple
- Comfortable presenting to large and small groups
- Well organised and detail orientated
- Able to prioritise – understanding the importance of member requests and working towards their best interests
This role will report into the Head of Ad Tech and will have support from the Ad Tech Assistant with administrative tasks.
The IAB supports equal opportunities for everyone, and we want to build a digital advertising industry that is for everybody. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
Applications to be sent to Caroline Stearn [email protected] Salary is competitive.