Website Manager (Maternity Cover) – 9 Months FTC
The IAB is the not-for-profit trade body for the digital advertising industry with members from some of the biggest companies in the world including Google, Facebook and Twitter. Our mission is to build a sustainable future for digital advertising. We do this through a range of activities including events, training, research, setting standards, helping the industry to remain self-regulated and more. You can find out more about us and the work we do here: iabuk.com.
Ways of working:
The IAB works in a very open and collaborative way. A team of 25, we have a weekly company meeting, project teams composed of people from different departments, as well as a strong sense of teamwork within each department. We encourage our people to be entrepreneurial and feel empowered to drive change and come up with ideas for new projects and initiatives. We are currently working from home, but our office in Covent Garden is open every day and we encourage everyone to come to the office to work together once a week. We actively support flexible working.
Culture is very important to us, we work with the whole industry, an innovative, dynamic and fast-moving sector so we want our people to add to the fabric of what we do and what we represent. We are a social and upbeat team with different expertise and interests and a great ability to pitch in and work together to deliver our big events and initiatives. Education is important so in addition to training, we hold fortnightly project meetings where we share the status of all the IAB’s major initiatives which helps us all keep up to speed with developments across the industry. We celebrate success whether it’s the completion of a big project or something small but important that someone has done that helps us all. You can find out more about the team here: iabuk.com/about-us.
The Web Manager leads the management and development of IAB UK’s website. With our current Web Manager going on Maternity Leave, we are looking for someone who can pick up the reins to keep the website performing brilliantly and looking great.
The website is critically important to the IAB as it’s the place that members interact with us most. It’s where our members book event tickets, it’s the home of our news, research, case studies and points of view, it’s the showcase of our events and training, it hosts the Member Vault where members can promote their own initiatives and it provides the functional aspect of membership. It’s also the showcase of our brand and tone of voice online.
- Lead the day-to-day management of iabuk.com
- Own and manage the IAB’s relationship with Catch - our web agency
- Ensure site content is published and is made accessible to all users using tagging and promotion through SEO
- Oversee delivery of email marketing with responsibility for our email platform and audience strategy
- Review and improve data processes, working closely with our Member Services team to manage the relationship between the website and our CRM
- Optimise the performance of the site and take steps to improve effectiveness
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Communications Manager to review and develop all content published on the site ensuring it is clear, accessible and on brand
- Review and enhance the user experience across all site functions e.g. search, registration, booking
- Oversee all publishing of content on iabuk.com - supported by the Web Executive
- Strategically plan future developments for the site
Skills, knowledge & characteristics
- Experience managing a website (either in-house or at an agency)
- Deep working knowledge of Drupal (Drupal 9 preferable)
- Experience using email marketing platforms (ClickDimensions desirable)
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Ecommerce experience would be desirable
- A good understanding of data compliance and CRM integrations
- Experience of managing external web development agencies
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing direct reports
- An analytical problem solver with the ability to generate data-driven insights & recommendations
This role will report into the Head of Marketing and will have support from the Web Executive
The IAB supports equal opportunities for everyone and we want to build a digital advertising industry that is for everybody. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
Applications to be sent to Caroline Stearn [email protected]. This role is Maternity Cover on an initial nine months fixed term contract starting immediately. Salary is competitive.