Ad Tech Manager
The IAB is the not-for-profit trade body for the digital advertising industry with members from some of the biggest companies in the world including Google, Facebook and Twitter. Our mission is to build a sustainable future for digital advertising. We do this through a range of activities including events, training, research, setting standards, helping the industry to remain self-regulated and more. You can find out more about us and the work we do here: iabuk.com.
Ways of working
The IAB works in a very open and collaborative way. A team of 25, we have a weekly company meeting, project teams composed of people from different departments, as well as a strong sense of teamwork within each department. We encourage our people to be entrepreneurial and feel empowered to drive change and come up with ideas for new projects and initiatives. We are currently mostly working from home, but our office in Covent Garden is open every day and we encourage everyone to come to the office to work together once a week. We actively support flexible working.
Culture is very important to us, we work with the whole industry, an innovative, dynamic and fast-moving sector so we want our people to add to the fabric of what we do and what we represent. We are a social and upbeat team with different expertise and interests and a great ability to pitch in and work together to deliver our big events and initiatives. Education is important so in addition to training, we hold fortnightly project meetings where we share the status of all the IAB’s major initiatives which helps us all keep up to speed with developments across the industry. We celebrate success whether it’s the completion of a big project or something small but important that someone has done that helps us all. You can find out more about the team here: iabuk.com/about-us.
Ad tech sits at the heart of the digital advertising industry and is the essence of many of our IAB UK members‘ businesses. The Ad Tech Manager will play a crucial role working with teams across the business to help ensure that ad tech is at the centre of everything we do. This role is key to helping ensure we deliver value for our ad tech members whether it’s representing the industry’s views on key issues, working to certify companies for existing standards or formulating new standards that help with our overall vision of building a sustainable future for digital advertising.
The IAB UK Gold Standard is a key project for our business and for the industry as a whole with the primary aim of raising standards in digital advertising. A key part of the Ad Tech Manager’s role will be to drive the strategic direction of the Gold Standard and to manage the process of reviewing evidence to certify companies as Gold Standard compliant.
- Working with the Ad Tech Assistant to manage the review of Gold Standard evidence submissions
- Running meetings with the Gold Standard Group
- Working with the Gold Standard team to strategise the future direction of the Gold Standard
- Running member events to provide updates and collate feedback
- Working with the marketing team to produce collateral that helps move the Gold Standard forward
- Working with the Ad Tech Assistant to ensure that the administrative process is working effectively
- Working with the Head of Ad Tech to identify ways to evolve the criteria of the Gold Standard to ensure it continues to be a robust standard that meets the needs of the industry
An exciting part of work at IAB UK is working with a wide range of companies from across the industry and getting to speak to them from an impartial perspective.
- Joining industry group meetings to understand the views of our members on a range of topics
- Running groups and meetings to facilitate conversations and engage with members to define deliverables that the IAB can work on to help address their companies biggest challenges
- Delivering outputs that address their biggest challenges - this could take any form from a white paper to a formulated response, running an event or delivering a new industry standard
- Speaking at and attending industry events to stay up to date and raising awareness of our efforts in the industry
This role is an exciting opportunity to work and network with various ad tech companies from across the industry, the role is varied and no two days look the same. You’ll need to be able to throw yourself into the variety of tasks that life at the IAB is all about.
Skills, knowledge and characteristics
- Someone with a genuine passion for ad tech and the future of the industry
- A good understanding of the way programmatic advertising works and confident to speak to technical businesses about their products
- Well organised and detail orientated
- Good client service or account management skills
- Able to prioritise – understanding the importance of member requests and working towards their best interests
- Proactive in reaching out and working with teams internally
- Comfortable presenting to large and small groups
- Able to explain concepts and make the complex simple
- Up to date and aware of the challenges that ad tech businesses face
- Driven and motivated to deliver projects that drive change for the industry on key issues and challenges that businesses face
This role will report into the Head of Ad Tech and will have support from the Ad Tech Assistant on administrative parts of the role.
The IAB supports equal opportunities for everyone and we want to build a digital advertising industry that is for everybody. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
Applications to be sent to Caroline Stearn [email protected]. Salary is competitive.