How to stay Gold Standard certified in 2024
Posted on Friday 09 February 2024 | IAB UK
In light of the changes coming to the IAB Gold Standard, we held a webinar for IAB members to get the lowdown on how to stay certified after 28 March
From Thursday 28 March, all Gold Standard certified companies will need to adhere to the latest criteria, which was launched last autumn and includes steps to further crack down on ad fraud and tackle financial scam ads. In short, Gold Standard certification supports your business to:
- Reduce ad fraud
- Uphold brand safety
- Improve the user experience
- Help compliance with GDPR and ePrivacy law
- Strengthen supply chain transparency
The new criteria focuses on further cracking down on ad fraud and financial scam ads. It includes:
- Implementing DemandChain Object
- Adding buyers.json to your 2024 product roadmap
- Including FCA Financial Service checks in your onboarding process for new and existing clients
- Registering for ASA Scam Ad Alerts
- Implementing IAB Europe’s TCF v2.2
Take a more in-depth look at how the Gold Standard certification improves the digital ad experience here.
The role of the Gold Standard in the Government's Online Advertising Taskforce
As Christie Dennehy-Neil, IAB UK’s Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs explained during the webinar, the Government has established the Online Advertising Taskforce to address scam ads and protect children online.
The government has announced that it aims to use the taskforce to harness the expertise and support the industry, and has recognised that the IAB Gold Standard forms part of the solution in its action plan. Find out more here.
This is relevant to the updated Gold Standard criteria, as it includes a specific focus on new fraud elements.
The process for migrating
- Send your Gold Standard evidence to [email protected]
- A member of the team will review your evidence and make any comments or queries on your compliance grid
- Once all evidence has been submitted, reviewed, and deemed as complete, you will be sent an email confirmation, assets, and your listing will be updated on our site
For those who missed the webinar, you can find a recording of it here.
Rediscover the joy of digital advertising
Champion connections instead of clicks. Capture audiences' imaginations, not just their attention. Boldly move to your own beat instead of letting tech set the pace. It’s time to rediscover the joy of digital.