Star talent announced for Digital Upfronts 2020
Posted on: Thursday 10 September 2020 | IAB UK
Heston Blumenthal, Rosie & Chris Ramsey and Frank Skinner are among the first speakers announced for this year’s Digital Upfronts
A host of well-known names are set to take to the Digital Upfronts spotlight as we announce the first raft of speakers. With events taking place virtually between 7-16 October, here’s a taste of what you can look forward to:
- Heston Blumenthal: Famed for snail porridge and reinventing the Christmas pud, celebrity chef turned podcaster Heston will be joining Audioboom as his ‘Journey to the Centre of Food’ continues.
- Frank Skinner: He’s best known for his stand-up, but hear how this comedy giant has switched the focus from laughs to Larkin with a new poetry podcast for Bauer Media.
- Emily Dean: Host of pooch-loving podcast ‘Walking the Dog’, Emily is used to quizzing high-profile guests. In Bauer Media’s session, join her as she chats to Frank Skinner about his pivot to podcasting.
- Rory Sutherland: Ogilvy’s Vice Chairman and all-round industry legend, Rory will be sitting down with Spotify’s Rak Patel to explore what’s possible for the uniquely powerful podcast medium.
- Chris & Rosie Ramsey: Husband and wife podcasting powerhouse Chris and Rosie will join Acast to discuss the rise of their chart-topping podcast ‘Shagged, Married, Annoyed’.
- Simon Thomas: Host of DAX podcast ‘Life, Interrupted with Simon Thomas’, hear how Simon uses his podcast to explore human endurance through the toughest times.
- Hernan Lopez: In his first UK speaker appearance, the CEO of Wondery will be joining Podfront’s session to discuss the exponential growth of podcasting - and what’s in store for 2021.
This year’s events include our main partner Upfronts with BBC Global News, Facebook, Snap Inc. and Twitter, Podcast Upfronts with Acast, Audioboom, Bauer Media, DAX, Podfront and Spotify, and Gaming Upfronts with Activision, Anzu.io and Bidstack.
We will be announcing more speakers soon. In the meantime, make sure you sign up to get the latest news, views and launches from some of the biggest names in digital advertising. All events are free and being hosted virtually. Sign up to attend all here.